Monday, May 9, 2011

TAKING THE FIGHT TO CANCER

PROUTY CENTURY RIDE



On Saturday, July 9, I am going to bike 100 miles in the 30th Annual Prouty Century Bike Ride to raise money for cancer research at Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Norris Cotton Cancer Center. One hundred miles is quite a distance and The Prouty route through the Connecticut River Valley and White Mountains is challenging. It has some serious climbs and usually lots of head-winds. However, when I think of my Mom, friends, and family who have battled and are presently fighting cancer, I realize that my bike ride is nowhere near as tough as what they experience.  
To participate in The Prouty, I will donate $100 toward cancer research.  But it's my personal goal to raise at least $5,000. You can help by sponsoring me; just click on the website listed below. All donations are tax deductible and should be turned in by July 6. If you prefer to send a check, you can make it payable to Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center and mail it to Friends of NCCC, The Prouty Office, Attn. Catherine Rentz, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756. Make sure that you indicate that it's for my ride by placing my name in the memo area of the check.

I have ridden this ride about 22 or 23 times out of the 29 it has been held.  With your help I have raised somewhere around $75,000 over the years.  I ride in memory of my Mom who died 25 years ago tomorrow and in support of so many of my relatives who have fought and are still fighting cancer.

I need your support so we can kill this disease once and for all.



Let's dig deep and fight this disease until it is eliminated!

COPY THE FOLLOWING URL INTO YOUR BROWSER TO ENTER MY WEBSITE AND TO DONATE ON LINE:

http://theprouty.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=452245&u=452245-176767190&e=4528293066


Thanks!
Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment